Wednesday, 28 March, 2007

I had a haircut!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I got my hair cut today, and it feels brilliant having whatever little breeze there is in late March Chennai moving about lazily through parts of my head previously protected from the elements by unruly hair growing in patterns not dissimilar to the fibre of that other glorious creation of nature, the coconut.

Why then, I wonder, do some people want to grow their hair long? Friends of mine, most notably Mr. Rajesh Madhini (see image above), go around with so much excess baggage on their heads that I’m sure some of the grey stuff inside their heads must be quickening its rate of waving goodbye to this world (we are all born with a certain number of neurons in the brain; they do not reproduce, and throughout our lives their number diminishes) to allow the black stuff on the outside to flourish like the green stuff in the Amazon. This possibly explains why, generally, with notable exceptions (don’t ask me for examples); women aren’t as bright or as quick on the uptake as men. Before the flag waving, slogan shouting activist women out there start burning effigies of me, I apologise for what was certainly a politically incorrect statement. But I hasten to add, you lot would be a lot brighter in my eyes if you didn’t walk around willingly bearing the burden of more than a hundred thousand shoulder length hairs. But please do not take this opportunity to emulate my look; not everyone can carry it off the way I do.


4 comments:

Harini said...

"women aren’t as bright or as quick on the uptake as men." --- duuuuuuuuuuude!!!! now how did you think you're gonna get away with THAT? **anger**
long hair - no brains?!?!?!?! that's ghanshyam logic i DONT get! i dont want to either!

on a lighter note, enjoy feeling lighter!

ps. - coconuts are CUTE and 'tender'!

NINCOMPOOP said...

i like ur style of writing....
doesnt tax my endangered neurons much!! :)

KK Iyer said...

thank you...

sparrow said...

huh??hair length irectly propotional to brains.....!!!kool re wat a corelation i agree hehehe....Indira Gandhi,Indra Nooyi(or may b its smthng in name Indira)...all were brightest minds with short hairs..dont u worry down the heart every women knws this.:)But that does not mean cut ur hairs to be intelligent...hey but they r the priced possesion for any women..I really feel pity for shrt haired ladies.