Tuesday, 30 January, 2007

Skipping

The other day I got myself a skipping rope... this jazzy red transparent thing, with black handgrips. I have no idea whether this thing will aid me in my ambition to look reasonably streamlined, but I can testify that it's a load of fun to twirl your wrists about and skip lightly on your toes, and hear the sonic boom as the rope goes past the speed of sound in its circular path around your momentarily airbone frame (that, provided the right sort of skipper is skipping, will make a great photograph, don't you think?).

The British Rope Skipping Association (first link google came up with) says:

Skipping is good for you, there are a number of health benefits including:

  • Improved cardio vascular fitness
  • Increased muscular strength
  • Better endurance
  • Improved body conditioning
  • Greater Flexibility
  • Improved coordination
  • Stronger bones

Skipping can also improve your skill:

  • Better timing and rhythm
  • Improved balance
  • Improved agility

Skipping may also bring additional benefits including:

  • Increase in social skills through meeting others
  • Opportunities to travel
  • Increase in self esteem through an easy to learn skill
  • Fun and educational
  • Opportunities to be creative
Not too sure how skipping can make me meet others, give me opportunities to travel and so on; but then again, I'm not ruling out any possibilities... if fate has it that skipping is gonna be the catalyst for major, and positive change in my life, then so be it!

1 comments:

kriti said...

i was looking for online writers for the paper i am working with. it's a student tabloid based in Delhi. if interested, you can mail me another piece of your work with your resume at prejudgedguilt@indiatimes.com