Saturday 25 November 2006

Writer's Block

It’s no secret that people can’t just sit in front of a blank Microsoft Word window and zip off a page of geniosical (Microsoft Word does not recognise the word… it tells me I’m probably thinking of genealogical or gemological… well, it exists now, and I shall use it as and when I please) ‘holy cow!!! How did he/she do that?’ stuff. It’s hard enough to come up with a half decent first line. The secret, says Mr. Sean Connery, in the guise of Mr. William Forrester, is to type, and just keep typing.

‘Punch the bloody keys!!!’ he says. Or words to that effect… I don’t remember exactly.

In any case, doing that doesn’t seem to help either. Must have helped Mr. Forrester, I suppose. And what makes writer’s block loom most threateningly is this thing called ‘I wanna write but I don’t know what I wanna write’ syndrome. Which, at this point in time, is affecting me pretty bad.

What I need, therefore, is an idea. I request anyone who might be reading this to keep giving me ideas. Any sort of idea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I wanna write but I don’t know what I wanna write" - i suffer from that all the time!!!

give you ideas? i need plenty, myself..

cool post, mr. ghanshyam! write more!

pavan madhini said...

why dont u write about idea itself???what are ideas exactly , by the way????

pavan madhini said...

why dont u write about "thought control".....take a cue from the education scene right now....

Harini said...

complete your 'write' on onion oothapam! i wanna read it!

Harini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KK Iyer said...

yeah, one of these days...